The Sealy Adventures!
The Sealy Family
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Brace yourselfs everyone..
My little guy said the saddest thing to me today, let me tell you the story...
We were upstairs eating lunch and it was feeling a little bit to quiet with just me Austin and little lizzy. so i decided to invite an old friend to serenade us as we ate our lunch. who you ask well none other than the best the hottest, make me week in the knees.... ELVIS yes you read it right ELVIS. :)
As some of you know I grew up listening to Elvis. My mom was a fan so I learned to love the sound of his amazing voice. I remember walking home from school and hearing from all the way up the street loud music and I was sure it was my mom rockin out to either Elvis, Dwight Yoakam or Tim Mcraw.
What fond memories I have of my mom dancing and singing around the house to Elvis music and to this day I dance around the house and sing to elvis music it's soo much fun!!
So back to what austin said as I sat down after turning on "stuck on you" as i'm sining away and as lizzy and I dance in our chairs a I look over at Austin and he his scowling and then he said it " I hate Elvis" ahhhh i couldn't believe it. but then i thought about it for a moment and realized he has never liked Elvis ever since he was little I would try to put it on for our dancing around the house and he would either run into his room and hide or he would fall to the floor and just sit there with his arms folded.
So why was this such a shock you ask? Well I hoped he would come around some day but he hasn't yet. So heres to hoping. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Most families play the piano. And We've got Elvis. People always ask me if I grew up in a musical family and I always so no because there were no instruments. What am I thinking? We were a very musical family! I feel very sad that you will not be passing it down to Austin. Mabey Lizzy will fall in love with him. Even Josh couldn't spend his first Christmas away from home without missing the Elvis Christmas Album. Cute Post.
Sorry Austin isn't into Elvis. I know the feeling. Mike wanted to take Corbin skiing this winter but Corbin told him that it was more fun on the WII. Mike was devastated!!! He cried for days!
Haha, well atleast he's honest. I'll cross my fingers he comes around one day for ya though. What a cute post. Heck, what a cute mom you have.
I had no idea! No Idea you were a fellow Elvis lover! I am a die hard and have been since I was young. So much that while other young girls had pictures of young pop stars hanging in their room, I had a fully Elvis decorated with Authentic Grace land memorabilia room! My dad would dance around and sing like Elvis since I was young and thats were the obsession began! So I will remember to pray for Austin in hope for him to realize Elvis is the KING:)
Well Austin Ani't nothing but a hound dog, just kidding but i do remember the first time i turn on Elivs and he put his hands over his ear's i was takin a back that someone didn't like Elvis! but he does like to play with my Elivs checkers will i just have to show him the "stay away Joe" movie with the funny cows and dogs we will get him hooked just you what and see...
Post a Comment