The Sealy Adventures!

The Sealy Family

Thursday, October 2, 2014

The drawing on the door.


My kids are suppose to be cleaning their rooms and I go to check on them and find this cute little drawing on Lizzy's door. 
while my first instinct is to be upset that she's not cleaning her room and that she's drawing on her door! 
 But tonight it was different... all I could think about was my dad and his mouse drawing on his door when I saw her little sketch. I could just hear him reminding me  they are just kids they wont be like this for long. Just like he did at Austin's soccer  games. He would put his hand on my knee and tell me he's just a kid out there having fun no need to get all riled up.
How I miss those comforting words of my Dad... And tonight was a night I could have used some of his advice...You know when the kids wont listen and things aren't going as planned and you feel like you've lost all control....But I believe tonight  I definitely had an angel by my side. 
While holding back the tears and the overwhelming emotion I told Lizzy about poppies drawing on his door when he was younger. Her face was filled with a smile I can't even describe.
I have never been happy about my kids drawing on the walls and they usually have to clean it off immediately. But this drawing will stay put a funny little drawing to my kids. But a reminder to me that there are angels watching over us and guiding us. That Dad is  still there guiding me with his wisdom just in a different way. 
I love that there is a piece of my dad in each those little rascals even if they don't understand it, it means the world to me.

No comments: