
Today for show and tell Austin took his cool new bakugans and their battle pack and three pics of his grandpa. as he held each one up he smiled and said that's my Poppie at my house and that's my Poppie wearing his motorcycle gear and this one is my Grandma and Poppie. And then his little voice cracked a little his face was a soft red and he said my Ppoppie was in an accident and I don't have him anymore. my heart broke for my little guy who has really felt the loss of his Poppie. Both Austin and Lizzy have been different since Poppie was taken from us. But the other day with the sunshine finally out I saw my kids again playing like they used to and smiling. Some times we don't realize that these little ones really do understand and they are hurting and sad and missing Poppie just like the big people are. seeing my kids smile and feeling the warm sun makes me happy and gives me something to look forward to each day. I know Poppie is smiling in heaven and is so happy when he sees the little ones smile and playing like they used to when he would come by on those sunny afternoons.
Miss you tons but love you more!!

4 comments:
We love you guys!! HUG Austin for us and we will come see you all as soon as we are better. :)
ohhhhh poor little Austin, that makes me so sad to hear how he is so young and having to deal with losing someone he loves so much. Glad you and your kids are getting back into feeling good again. This was a really good post.
My eyes and heart are swelling with emotion as I read this. And I am happy you remembered that Your Dad is smiling down from heaven just like the sun! I know it wont get easier or the pain wont go away but I hope you can feel his love each day!
what a great post Heather! I'm sure your dad is so proud of you and your little kiddos!
Post a Comment